As a mobile physiotherapy service, here at Physit we, like everybody else, have had to quickly adapt to the unprecedented changes we’ve seen during this outbreak .
The impact of COVID 19 has been seen far and wide, but our dedication to continued, quality care for Patients who need it is unchanged. Physit’s commitment to the safety of our patients and physiotherapists remain at the centre of what we do.
We are still maintaining our home visits, if a risk assessment has qualified the visit as appropriate. We also offer video consultations to anybody where a home visit is not suitable.
To ensure your well-being and give you an idea of what you can expect when you get in touch, take a look at our new guidelines and procedures.
- When you call or email us to make an enquiry, we will guide you through a COVID 19 health screening. This is to ascertain your suitability for a member of our mobile physiotherapy team to visit you in your home. It includes some questions about your general health (to determine the suitability of a home visit) and information about our Company procedures. Please make sure you have an up to date record of any recent changes in medication or GP advice so we can record your answers with accuracy.
- If a home visit is deemed to be suitable (based on the risk assessment) , we will arrange an appointment with you. Should you develop any symptoms, or are instructed to self-isolate, between the booking and your initial consultation, we request that you let us know.
- Please be aware that we will never arrange a home visit with a symptomatic patient or somebody who is self-isolating.
- When your Physiotherapist makes their way to your home, they will use a company vehicle or their own personal vehicle to make the journey. Our Physiotherapists are not using public transport (train, tube, buses) to make their journeys.
- Your Physiotherapist will arrive wearing appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) which will always include an apron, a fluid repellent surgical mask, gloves, and a face shield.
- All employees at Physit are maintaining basic hand hygiene and respiratory and cough hygiene throughout the working day.
- At each appointment, we will check your temperature with a contact-free thermometer.
- Our physiotherapists will always maintain a 2 metre distance when they can. This may not be a possibility for the duration of the appointment, but the therapist will let you know when they need to close the distance.
- Should any hands on work be necessary, our Physiotherapists may remove their gloves, but only whilst using hand sanitiser after the removal and once again when they have completed the hands on work before replacing their gloves.
- Infection prevention training has been provided for all our physiotherapists and disinfection takes place before and after every home visit.
- If you are suddenly taken ill, displaying any symptoms or are required to self-isolate, we may well be able to maintain your Physiotherapy regime with Physit via a video consultation over Zoom or Facetime. If you want to learn more about our video consultations, have a look at our previous blog post here.
Our dedication to our clients and passion for our work are the heart of what we do. As such, whilst some of our procedures may have changed, we are delighted that mobile physiotherapy services remain available for both private and insurance patients.
If you have any enquiries about our home visits or services. Please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07714244438.