If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
1. How do I make an appointment?
Please contact us on 07714 244 438 and a member of our team will help you making arrangements for your first visit. All new patients must complete a COVID19 Health Screening, this can be done over the telephone. Based on the outcome of the Health Screening we will be able to confirm whether a home visit or a video consultation will be arranged. All new patients will then required to complete an online registration. Once these have been done, we will be able to confirm the date and time of your fist appointment.
What the COVDI19 Health Screening will cover:
- We will explain how we ensure that our visits are COVDI19 secure
- We will ask few questions about COVDI19 symptoms and tests.
- We will ask questions about certain health conditions, this will helps us determine what type of visit will be appropriate.
2. Is it safe to let the therapist, I’ve never met before, into my home?
Yes, all our therapists are DBS checked (enhanced DBS). They are also registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Upon request we can provide you with their registration number should you require this, and you can check for their details on the HCPC website.
3. What will happen during the initial assessment?
Our therapist will sit down with you and ask you a range of questions for a better understanding of the problem. They will then do a thorough, objective assessment to provide an accurate diagnosis and clarity as to why you have developed the problem and the expected outcomes of physiotherapy. From here, the necessary treatment will be provided. Following this, our therapist will always provide home exercises to perform to help. Alongside this we will inform of how long it will take your injury or problem to resolve and how many sessions you may require to achieve full recovery within the expected time frame.
4. What do I need to organise prior to the first appointment?
All we need is to have a safe area for a treatment table to be set up. We require you to be ready and have appropriate dress attire for the area being treated. If you have any scans or reports (X-Ray, CT, MRI), discharge notes, have them ready for your therapist.
5. I have pets, do I need to lock them away?
It depends. Some pets may find the therapist carrying out the treatment threatening, which might result aggressive behaviour. If you know that your pet has these tendencies we would appreciate, if you could move them to a different room for the duration of the appointment.
6. I would like to prepay for my appointments, can I do that?
Based on the outcome of the initial assessment it may be more financially beneficial to buy a Pass. For more information please contact our admin team. Please note, that all Passes are non-refundable.
7. I have health insurance, can I use that to cover my appointments?
We currently only work with the following health insurance companies only: CIGNA, WPA, AVIVA and BUPA INTERNATIONAL. Don’t worry if you health insurance company is not listed as we would still be happy to see you on a self-pay basis.
8. Am I always going to have the same therapist visiting me?
This may not always be possible to have the same therapist for every appointment, however our highly skilled and qualified therapist team will always hold case discussions ensuring continuity regardless who attends to your appointment.
9. Do I need to pay for the parking for therapist?
No, parking cost will be covered by Physit, but we will require information about parking arrangements (own parking space, street parking, etc…) prior to the visit.
10. My therapist subscribed a training program for me, but I have no means to access it on a mobile phone or computer.
That is not a problem, upon request we can post you a paper copy of the exercise program for free of charge.
11. How do I pay for the appointments?
All appointments must be paid 7 days after the appointment took place. The easiest way to arrange a payment is through a bank transfer, alternatively patients may arrange payment through our secure payment portal.
12. I am not happy with the treatment I received, how do I voice my concerns?
If you are not satisfied with your therapist or treatment, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clinical director will respond to your concerns within 48 hours.