We have an exciting opportunity for Physiotherapists from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand on a working visa to join our team here at Physit.
We are looking for experienced and skilled Physiotherapists specialising in elderly rehabilitation who are passionate about delivering holistic care that has our clients at its centre!
We provide community and clinic-based physiotherapy in South West London and the core function of this role is to provide our clients (aged 65 and over) assessments, treatment, and rehabilitation in all areas of elderly care, balance, rehabilitation, and orthopaedics.
We understand that you are here to travel so we include an allowance of an additional 15 days unpaid leave / year.
This role does not require the successful Candidate to be a car driver – transport arrangements for patient journeys are arranged by us.
- HCPC registered
- UK resident (London based)
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Specialised in elderly rehabilitation and MSK
- Post-operative orthopaedic experience
- Manual therapy experience
Role and Responsibilities:
- To work as an employed practitioner in providing physiotherapy assessments, treatment and rehabilitation to a designated caseload of patients within a domiciliary and clinic setting.
- To provide elderly centred specialist physiotherapy input to people with a variety of injuries, surgeries and other complex conditions.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team setting, liaising with Nursing team, Care team, GP, Consultants and other allied health professionals
- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention.
- To provide physiotherapy input into comprehensive interdisciplinary assessment / treatment / discharge.
- To discuss services and treatment options to potential clients and / or their relatives / carers.
- To ensure that clients are involved in the planning and prioritisation of their rehabilitation plans wherever possible.
- To provide specialist spontaneous and planned advice, teaching and instruction to relatives, carers and other professionals, to promote understanding of the aims of physiotherapy and to ensure a consistent approach to patient care
- Independently prepare reports for patients, consultants and GPs
- To participate in CPD and other developmental activities
- Manage a case load of patients with varying MSK pathologies using evidence based/patient centred principles to assess, plan and implement treatment.
- Develop and review treatment programmes together with patients’ goals in mind, that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques
- To help develop the musculoskeletal service within PHYSIT
- To comply with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) codes of professional conduct at all times
- Acupuncture course completion
- Pilates & Rehabilitation experience
- Confidence with IT systems